Home

Catalyst system Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

Here is a tutorial on how to fix code p0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1 how to diagnose and fix a Catalytic Converter and what to look. Error code P0420 - or Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) - is one of several trouble codes that fall into the general exhaust system code block. All P042X codes (where X can be any number) refer to the catalytic converter and exhaust system

P0420 NISSAN Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

Basically this means that the oxygen sensor downstream of the catalytic converter on bank 1 is detecting that the converter is not working as efficiently as it should be (according to specs). It is part of the vehicle emissions system Learn what Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 means, location and how to repair? The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the switching frequency ratio of heated oxygen sensors 1 (front O2 sensor) and heated oxygen sensors 2 (rear O

P0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1. This how to find BANK 1 or BANK 2 - YouTube OBD II fault code P0420 is a generic code that is defined as Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1), and is set when the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) detects a condition that indicates that the catalytic converter on Bank 1 is operating below the minimum allowable efficiency threshold. Note that on engines with two banks of. P0430 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2). The code warns about a problem with the catalytic converter mounted near engine bank 2 (the side of the engine opposite the number one cylinder). If the OBD-II code reader displays a P0430 or P0420 trouble code, bring your vehicle to an auto repair shop for a thorough checkup and repair job Fault code: P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Discussion in ' 1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004) ' started by pidro_el_pirata, Dec 28, 2012 . I got the dreaded check engine light this weekend

How to repair P0420 Ford code Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the switching frequency ratio of heated oxygen sensors 1 (front O2 sensor) and heated oxygen sensors 2 (rear O OBD II fault code P0420 is a generic trouble code that is defined as, P0420 - Catalytic converter system, Bank 1 - Efficiency Below Threshold, and is set when the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) detects that the efficiency of the catalytic converter on Bank 1 has fallen below a minimum allowable threshold The official definition of P0420 is Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). This basically indicates that your catalytic converter is less efficient than normal. The likely reason for this is that it has gone bad. You should not wait to have your catalytic converter replaced

OBD2 Code P0421 Toyota definition: Basically this means that the oxygen sensor downstream of the catalytic converter on bank 1 is detecting that the converter is not working as efficiently as it should be (according to specs). It is part of the vehicle emissions system Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) What does that mean? This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is a generic powertrain code. It is considered generic because it applies to all makes and models of vehicles (1996-newer), although specific repair steps may be slightly different depending on the model. Why is P0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold Bank 1 P0420 BMW Description. The Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the switching frequency ratio of heated oxygen sensors 1 (front O2 sensor) and heated oxygen sensors 2 (rear O2 sensor). A three way catalyst converter (Manifold) with high oxygen storage capacity will indicate a low switching frequency of heated oxygen sensor 2 Intermittently the check engine light will come on when the vehicle is warm usually in stop and go traffic or during slow manuevers. Plugging in an OBDII device it indicates a code and says Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) I think it was a code P0420

How to Fix a p0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below

1. In your case, the P0420 code stands for Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). When you receive a P0420 code it means your catalytic converter is not operating at maximum efficiency. Usually this means your catalytic converter needs to be replaced or there is a problem with your O2 (oxygen) sensors
  2. Labor: 1.0. The cost of diagnosing the P0420 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour
  3. A three way catalyst converter (Manifold) with high oxygen storage capacity will indicate a low switching frequency of heated oxygen sensor 2. As oxygen storage capacity decreases, the heated oxygen sensor 2 switching frequency will increase. When the frequency ratio of heated oxygen sensors 1 and 2 approaches a specified limit value, the three way.
  4. Hello. 98 explorer with code P0420(catalyst system efficiency below threshold)(Bank1) and P0174 (System too lean)(Bank2) The explorer idles very rough in cold weather, dont want to stay running until it warms up. Also you hear it almost like misfiring every 30 seconds, it its more of a tick, an... 99 cobra.....P0420 cod
  5. Audi A3 P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency → Below Threshold → Bank 1. This page is meant to help you troubleshoot the Audi A3 P0420 trouble code. It covers P0420 meaning, symptoms, causes, and possible solutions. WIth the A3, OBDII P0420 is often caused by a bad oxygen sensor, but there can be other causes as well
  6. utes before I filled up gas tank
  7. 16804/P0420/001056 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold Possible Causes. Leakage in Intake and/or Exhaust System; Catalyst faulty; Oxygen Sensor(s) faulty; Oxygen Sensor(s) Control faulty; Possible Solutions. Check Intake and Exhaust System for Leaks; Check Catalyst; Check Oxygen Sensor(s) Check Oxygen Sensor(s) Contro

How do you fix P0420 catalyst system efficiency Below

1. g in and out of the converter
  2. P0420 JAGUAR Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 . P0420 JEEP Catalyst System Efficiency Bank 1 . P0420 KIA Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 . P0420 LEXUS Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 . P0420 MAZDA Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1
  3. I had a CEL, using my BlueDriver Bluetooth OBDII Scanner, I pulled Code P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 After reading a bunch of posts on this forum, the first suggestion seems to be to replace all 4 oxygen sensors even though the problem is likely the Catalytic Converter. My questions are below: 1
  4. imum allowable efficiency threshold

'Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold' - P0420 Code

P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 27 Posts. 1; 2; Next. 1 of 2 Go to page. Go I'm sure it's the bank 1 cat. My MDX is a 2007 in great shape with 150k on the odometer. I would like to keep it for 2 more years. Should I get the cat replaced - try cataclean - or just live with it Code P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Code P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) - Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLU I own a 2017 St-line focus, I have 60k miles and have recently just had my engine light come on. Upon plugging in my OBD code reader, it tells me code P0420 - catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1. I have changed the lambda sensor pre cat and about a week later had the engine light come back on and has produced the same code P0420 Powertrain Catalyst system efficency below threshold (bank 1) Ive been monitoring the O2 sensors and im not sure if they are functioning correctly. From what ive read id expect the first sensor to be fluctuating from 0.1 - 0.6? and the second sensor to remain constant at about 0.4

Intermittently the check engine light will come on when the vehicle is warm usually in stop and go traffic or during slow manuevers. Plugging in an OBDII device it indicates a code and says Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) I think it was a code P0420 Discussion Starter · #1 · Jan 9, 2020. Only show this user. I have an 04 TSX that was showing a P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 and the check engine light was on. I tried to pass smog and it failed of course. I changed the cat converter and the downstream sensor and the check engine light is still on Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) What does that mean? This diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is a generic powertrain code. It is considered generic because it applies to all makes and models of vehicles (1996-newer), although specific repair steps may be slightly different depending on the model

Citroen P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

P0420 HONDA Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1. Possible causes - Three way catalyst converter Bank 1 - Exhaust tube - Intake air leaks - Fuel injectors may be faulty - Fuel injector leaks ← P0420 INFINITI Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 8. Dec 12, 2021. #1. Since fitting a new 3 inch down pipe and 200 CEL sports cat on my LCR, I am now getting the fault code: 16804 - Catalyst system, bank 1 efficiency below threshold. I never had this problem before changing the down pipe, so could this be due to the sports cat

P0420 Description: The Engine Control Module ( ECM) monitors the switching frequency ratio of heated oxygen sensors 1 (front O2 sensor) and heated oxygen sensors 2 (rear O2 sensor). A three way catalyst converter (Manifold) with high oxygen storage capacity will indicate a low switching frequency of heated oxygen sensor 2 In your case, the P0420 code stands for Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1).. When you receive a P0420 code it means your catalytic converter is not operating at maximum efficiency. Usually this means your catalytic converter needs to be replaced or there is a problem with your O2 (oxygen) sensors OBD code P20EE means SCR NOX Catalyst Efficiency below Threshold Bank 1 Issue. In an event of increased emissions from the exhaust system, and out of bound performance of SCR injection system, performance of the vehicle is hampered with affected utilization of fuel delivery system and resultantly, vehicle starts producing and emitting increased.

P0420 Code - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank

1. SOURCE: catalyst efficiency bank 1 below threshold before doing anything make sure you have to code for your radio if you have the antilock radio feature! disconnect the battery wait a few moments I can only give this info for a quick fix this will reset the computer and if it was just a glitch it should be fine after this should it reacour it is a oxygen senso
  2. Jeep Code P0420 Definition. Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (Bank 1). What Does P0420 Mean For Your Jeep? The function of the catalytic converter is to break down harmful pollutants that are created by your Jeep during the combustion cycle and convert them into harmless gases. Code P0420 indicates that the catalytic converter is not functioning efficiently, therefore increasing the.
  3. Basically this means that the oxygen device at the bottom of the auxiliary switch at bank 1 detects that the switch is not working as well as it should (according to the specs). It's part of the car's.
  4. 16804- catalyst system: Bank 1: Efficiency below threshold This was the same fault code the dealership told me BEFORE the lambda sensor was replaced and now i am getting it again.It turns out the previous owner had changed the catalyst not long ago so the likelyhood of it being that is reduced i guess
  5. P421=Warm up catalyst system efficiency below threshold, bank 1 P431=Warm up catalyst system efficiency below threshold, bank 2 Sounds like you may have clogged or damaged catalyst converters or bad 02 sensors. Those codes I think are taking from after the catalyst by the sensors in the exhaust pipes
  6. yeah po420 is the Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold code. thats what i had (issue is bad catalytic converter 100%) I got a used cat from here from a user for about $100. Got that installed, cel is gone and its good as new. 2003 Audi A4 1.8TQM. 10-06-2010 08:36 PM #8
  7. code 420 on a 98 chevy pickup with a 4.3-catalyst efficiency below threshold on bank 1-is this a bad convertor, Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Can you provide specific details on fixing the problem pertaining to this diagnostic test..

P0420 catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1

Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Can i get some input on this. i added a high flow air filter and stoped using premium gas when it went above $3.85 per gal. let me know some ideas please my tags are up and i can't pass emissions! i have a 2001 maxima auto trans with a 3.8l v6. totaly stock with the exciption of high flow air. DTC P0420 CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD (BANK 1); DTC P0430 CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD (BANK 2) MONITOR DESCRIPTION The ECM uses the two sensors, mounted in front of and behind the Three-Way Catalytic Converter (TWC), to monitor its efficiency. The first sensor, the Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) sensor (sensor 1), sends pre. I have a 2001 1.1Lx Peugeot 206. This weekend I had the engine management light come on whilst driving up the motorway. A friend of mine. plugged in his diagnostic meter which gave a P0420 error, which is Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). I had the car MOT'd 3 weeks ago and it passed the emissions test just fine

P0420 - Catalytic converter system, bank 1 -efficiency

P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) I have a '95 Eclipse GST with 86k miles and my check engine light came on recently. I took it to my local dealership and got back a OBD code of P0420 (Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) ). He recommended replacing the rear O2 sensor --AND-- the converter ($1369) Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) C/K Car Forums Check Possible Cause Of Misfire DTC P0420 and P0421 indicate bank one catalyst system efficiency is minimum requirement. DTC P0430 and P0430 indicate bank 2-catalyst system efficiency is minimum requirement. Possible causes are as follows: Use of leaded fuel. Oil contamination Toyota RAV4 Service Manual / 2Az-fe engine mechanical / Sfi system / Diagnostic trouble code chart / Catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1) Monitor description The ecm uses sensors mounted in front of and behind the three-way catalytic converter (twc) to monitor its efficiency DTC P0420 CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD (BANK 1) MONITOR DESCRIPTION The ECM uses 2 sensors mounted before and after the three-way catalytic converter (TWC) to monitor its' efficiency. The air-fuel ratio (A/F) sensor (sensor 1) sends pre-catalyst information to the ECM. The heate

P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Hi Guys Looking for some advice. I got a P0420 Code - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) To cut a long story short - I got the cat on Bank 1 replaced with a second hand cat I got off the net - and guess what - yes the.. P2423 Code Definition. A P2423 code is a generic powertrain code related to emissions systems problems. In this case, the hydrocarbon adsorption and catalyst efficiency is below the allowed threshold in engine bank 1 (typically the number 1 cylinder) P0420 - Ford. Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Conditions. Engine running at steady state highway conditions for 5 minutes in closed loop, then the PCM detected that the rear HO2S switch rate was too high. No PCM codes set, ECT input over 167°F, IAT input over O°F, MAF input 12-32 g/sec, engine speed below 4000 rpm, engine load. Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank by SublimeAutos1 ( m ): 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2021. The Below article is put together to address certain misconceptions that arise when Catalytic converters are talked up, Plus I've had some persons send me private messages on WhatsApp asking series of questions

P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1

P0430 Code: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold

Joined Sep 4, 2014. ·. 107 Posts. #4 · Sep 7, 2019. Only show this user. Stephenr said: I have the code P20EE SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1. I had this code about 7000km ago and went and got a recall for the SCR system to be reprogrammed, the cat was replaced in a previous recall. It ran fine but now it's back on and im. If the DTC is P0420 (catalyst system efficiency below threshold Bank-1) then the side of the engine with the #1 spark plug and cylinder is always Bank-1, and the O2 sensor that monitors the catalyst efficiency is usually after or (post) of the catalytic converter Other bank 1 catalyst efficiency trouble codes include P0420, P0421, P0422, P0424. P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Morning all, Next issue with my car is P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). Ive had my computer on it and watched the values for the Lambda sensors. The first one is all over the place on high and low voltages, the second is a lot more steady but will still randomly.

• The waveform is displayed at abnormal condition 2: Diagnostic Procedure with Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) > DTC P0420 CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD BANK 1>Go to Step 5. 4. CHECK CATALYTIC CONVERTER DTC P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) DTC P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2) MONITOR DESCRIPTION. The ECM uses the sensors mounted in front of and behind the three-way catalyst (TWC) to monitor its efficiency. The first sensor, an Air Fuel ratio (A/F) sensor, sends pre-catalyst A/F ratio. According to the codes; P0340 is cam position sensor A Bank 1 and P0420 is Catalyst efficiency below threshold Bank 1. 0 110000miles. Viewing the PID data on the scan tool im used to comparing the voltage switching from the pre and post cat o2 sensors but this system u P0420: The PCM has determined that the catalyst system efficiency for bank 1 is below threshold for the current engine operation condition. 2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L. There aren't usually any drivability issues associated with P0420. Then use an oscilliscope to check the waveforms of both upstream and downstream O2 sensors

What does it mean below threshold bank 1? Code P0420 stands for Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). Put simply, this code indicates that your car's computer has detected underperformance from the Bank 1 catalytic converter. The P0420 Code indicates that your car's computer has detected underperformance from the Bank 1. Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) What does that mean? The catalytic converter has an oxygen sensor in front and behind it. When the vehicle is warm and running in closed loop mode, the upstream oxygen sensor waveform reading should fluctuate. The downstream O2 sensor reading should be fairly steady

Fault code: P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below

high flow cats or catless exhausts can throw that code and GIAC doesn't clear catalyst inefficiency codes like the other chips do. I'd recommend a o2 spacer/ wayne angle block if you don't feel like switching to another tune. Signs of a bad cat can be a sulphur smell, louder than normal exhaust or misfires even if its plugge P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 8 of 8 Posts. Got_SRT-4? this code is triggered when running without a catalytic convertor. if you do have a cat, it is damaged and not functioning properly. When I had my Stage 1 PCM, it was ignoring it and now back at Stage 0 it showed up.. While driving on the motorway today my check engine light came on. Scanned the code and it reads: P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1. I have new Air/Fuel Oxygen sensors and have had them in the car for nearly a year now. What is this code and any ideas how to fix? For now i.. P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) This started after catastrophic failure of turbo (75K Miles) with lots of smoke coming out the tail pipe. I repaired turbo and flushed out intercooler system. It just went through California emissions check and passed

P0420 1998 HONDA CIVIC Catalyst System Efficiency Below

with the engine at 1200-1700 rpm and MAP vacuum between 15.0 and 21.0 inches of mercury (Hg). ² Set Condition: As catalyst efficiency deteriorates, the switch rate of the downstream O2 sensor approaches that of the. upstream O2 sensor. If at any point during the test the switch ratio reaches a predetermined value a counter P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed DTC P0420 CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD (BANK 1) DTC P0430 CATALYST SYSTEM EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD (BANK 2) MONITOR DESCRIPTION The ECM uses sensors mounted before and after the Three-Way Catalyst (TWC) to monitor its efficiency. The first sensor, an Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) sensor 1, sends pre-catalyst A/F ratio information to the. Chrysler P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 Diagnostic Trouble Code, Definition, causes, And prognosis Guide. By Basically this means that the oxygen sensor under the auxiliary switch at bank 1 detects that the switch is not operating properly as it should be (according to the notes). It is part of the traffic flow.. P0420 Catalyst System Below Threshold. Definition : Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Cause : The Catalytic converter is no longer performing within specification according to the downstream o2sensor communication to your cars on board computer. Repair : Replace the Catalytic Converter is the most common fix

P0420 Ford Code - Catalyst System Efficiency Below

Code P0430 Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 2. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 25 Posts. 1; 2; Next. 1 of 2 Go to page. Go. T As I understand it, bank 1 is the bank with #1 cylinder in it (back side of your engine) and bank #2 is the other bank (front side). Sensor 1 is the upstream sensor and #2 is the downstream sensor. P0420 = Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) P0421 = Warm Up Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) P0422 = Main Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) P0423 = Heated Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) P0424 = Heated Catalyst Temperature Below Threshold (Bank 1) P0430 = Catalyst System Efficiency Below. Here's the official definition of a P0420 trouble code: P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). What the code is telling you is that the catalytic converter has failed an efficiency test. In 99.5% of the cases, this code means that the catalytic converter itself is bad and must be replaced P0430 Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2) CHECK ENGINE Light. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 31 Posts. 1; 2; Next. 1 of 2 Go to page. Go. Lakeside09 · Registered. Joined Feb 15, 2019 · 6 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Feb 15, 2019. Only show this user.

P0420: Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1

The check engine light is on in my 98 toyota camry LE. The scan tool I used came back with 3 codes. p0170 (system too lean bank 1) p0420 (catalyst system efficiency below threshold (bank 1)) and p1133 read mor Bank 1 Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1 No, I had it - Answered by a verified Ford Mechanic We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them

Toyota P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank

What Does Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Mean?Code P0420 stands for Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). Put simply, this code indicates that your car's computer has detected underperformance from the Bank 1 catalytic converter. The P0420 Code indicates that your car's compu '04 Tundra 4.7 186k miles getting P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency below threshold bank 1 CEL pretty steady now. Initially it was intermittent for months. I haven't done O2 sensors in years/many miles. Could this be an O2 sensor or bad CAT? What are the implications if it's a bad cat? I need to..

Is Bank 1 before or after the catalytic converter

Replacing oxygen (O2) sensors can sometimes fix the code, but in most cases the catalyst must be replaced to fix the problem. If code P0430 is combined with other codes, try to repair the remaining faults first. When will the code be detected? Bank 1 three-way catalyst does not work properly DTC P0420 Catalyst System Low Efficiency Bank 1. Circuit Description. In order to maintain a reasonably low emissions of Hydrocarbons (HC), Carbon Monoxide (CO), and Oxides of Nitrogen (NOx), the engine controls system uses a three-way catalytic converter.The catalyst within the converter promotes a chemical reaction which oxidizes the HC and CO present in the exhaust gas Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Description: Engine Control Module (ECM) checks the efficiency of catalytic converter (bank 1) by switching between rich and lean fuel/air mixture. When the change-over is made, the signal from the rear heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) is checked and the time taken for the probe to switch

P0420 BMW Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank

According to the codes; P0340 is cam position sensor A Bank 1 and P0420 is Catalyst efficiency below threshold Bank 1. P0420 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1). SOURCE: Ford windstar OBD II code P1537/38, P0171 and P0420 It could all be related. Ford F-250 Super Duty Catalytic Converters

P0420 code Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold BankP0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1P0420 2004 INFINITI G35 Catalyst System Efficiency BelowP0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1P0420 HONDA Catalyst System Efficiency Below ThresholdP0420 2003 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Catalyst System Efficiency